Tonight, as we were in between dance drop off and pick up, I saw something I hate seeing. A horrible car accident. And, it reminded me to be thankful. For all my blessings, even if they feel like crosses today. Here is today’s…
TOP TEN: THE THINGS I HATE THAT REMIND ME OF WHAT I LOVE
1. I hate car wrecks. But they remind me of the precious cargo I have in my minivan every day. Even if they are screaming at me because they’re hungry.
2. I hate natural disasters. But they remind me of how small the petty things are in life and how we should focus on the big picture.
3. I hate vegetables. But I eat them reluctantly because my husband asks me too. And that makes him happy.
4. I hate carline. But I am thankful that I love the school where my children attend. Praise God that we live in a country where we get to decide where, and how, our children are educated.
5. I hate campaign season and its empty promises. But it reminds me that one person can “rock the vote” and we are fortunate enough to live in a country where opinions are encouraged – not jailed, stoned or executed.
6. I hate an empty brownie pan. But it reminds me that our house is full of abundance and happiness.
7. I hate when I see a parent yelling at their child. And it reminds me to look in the mirror.
8. I hate limitations. They just make me want to work harder.
9. I hate being late. But it reminds me to be gracious the next time someone’s running late for an appointment with me.
10. I hate when I forget stuff. But it reminds me…shoot, I forgot.
Happy Hump Day.