After yesterday’s post, some sweet emails and a really great conversation with a friend, I felt like I should reflect on things in my life in which I’m thankful. Here goes my best attempt.
TOP TEN: GIVING THANKS FOR THE ORDINARY
1. I’m thankful for the permanently scratched brick in the shape of tic-tac-toe on the back of my house. It means my kids are participating in “creative play” outside.
2. I’m thankful for the green crayon on my walls in random places throughout my house. It means my kids may have a future in art.
3. I’m thankful for the nasty carpet in my master bathroom. It means I can spill anything on it and not feel the least bit guilty. Why? Because someday when all the medical bills are paid, I’m going to get my Candace Olson “Divine Design” bathroom. Just you wait.
4. I’m thankful for the boys’ bathroom’s ant problem. It means when the bug man came to spray today, I discovered an unflushed toilet – yet again – and got some free child labor when the boys came home from school.
5. I’m thankful for not eating out during Lent. It means that we are eating just about every random thing squirreled away in our pantry, whether it’s expired or not. I mean an expiration date is merely a “suggestion”, no?
6. I’m thankful that Luke is a peanut. It means that I have lots more time before people think he’s old enough for me to have shed all this baby weight.
7. I’m thankful that the girls’ bedroom door creaks. It means I can bust them in a blink of an eye when they try to sneak into the game room and play after lights out.
8. I’m thankful that the boys have early release tomorrow. It means that some leaves are going to get raked in the backyard…that is, if it doesn’t rain.
9. I’m thankful that Anna-Laura is sassy. It means that I have some really funny pictures of her throwing fits on my iPhone.
10. And, I’m thankful that we have 5 pretty darn cute kids. It means that I love my husband…very much 🙂