Year number SIX of blogging is officially in the books. My blog-o-versary was December 26. I can’t believe I’ve been that chatty for that long.
It’s always fun to look back on the year and see what people loved, what I learned, what we did and the memories we made. Enjoy the pretty pictures, the funny stories and the reality of motherhood. Because I can’t make this stuff up, y’all.
What You Loved
The top ten posts you loved were fascinating to me. Fascinating. Who knew that Aggie football, a stinky garage, a tiny baby and parties were what y’all enjoyed the most? Stay-at-home motherhood is just so glamorous.
1. An Open Letter to Johnny Football (by far my biggest and most read post, ever, even the man himself read the piece)
2. A *Brilliant* Harry Potter Birthday
3. Dear NICU Momma
4. Before & After: The Garage
5. Avengers Assemble Birthday
6. A Hootin’ Good Time: Crafty Owl Party
7. HDYDI: After School Chore Checklist
8. Eight Really* is* Great: I’m Pregnant!
9. The Only Reason We Said “Yes” to Six Kids
10. Going Back into the Beast: The Eve of Luke’s Surgery
Where You People Came From
It’s always an honor when people and organizations you admire send people your way. Bloggers are real people and I’ve had the honor of getting to know a few of them a bit better in 2013. Even more lovely are your comments and the sweet things each of you share. Whether you’re a lurker, a commenter or a casual reader, I lovelovelove having you here. I’m especially grateful to these fine folks for being some of my biggest referrers: Jen at Conversion Diary, TexAgs, Fine Linen & Purple, Jen at iHeartOrganizing, Bonnie at A Knotted Life, Austin Catholic New Media and Grace from Camp Patton. Y’all are just the best.
Sometimes you get that email in your inbox and you get all smiley. To the sweet folks that featured what I wrote, you pretty much rock. Thank you.
Kim from The TomKat Studio featured Clare’s Rainbow Party. Now that was one fun party. Doesn’t every little girl dream of rainbows at some point? Clare and I got to dream big back in June! And, the party was also over on Amy Atlas’ blog – the queen of dessert tables. It’s always a bit humbling when someone you admire loves what you do.
When Jen from iHeartOrganizing featured our garage, I was giddy. She featured the girls’ closet the year before and I considered both features a real honor. Jen is my organization sensei.
The Johnny We Know via Tumblr highlighted my open letter to him back in February. As long as I’m an Aggie, I will be forever humbled by the time he spent with my son. It was precious and it is the side of him I love the best.
What’s a Happenin’ in 2014
1. Without a doubt, my “How do you do it” series will continue. Not only is it fun to document how we live life around here, but I always get such great inspiration from all y’all. If there’s something you want me to chat about, just email.
2. Giveaways! You’ll still see them pop up periodically. It’s always fantastic to discover a new Catholic artist or fall in love with a new product and then share it with you. I’ve got some fun ones brewing for 2014.
3. Even though it is work, I still adore the “Week in my Life Series.” I know that in a few years, I will either crack up laughing or wallow in tears at all our crazy family shenanigans. It will also likely mean therapy for my kids.
4. A new baby and a dose of motherhood. It’s been almost four years since I’ve changed a newborn diaper, sported a sling, nursed a baby or cranked up the swing. So not only will you get the mom of a teenager, but a mom of a newborn in 2014. I’m not sure which will be full of new adventures…
5. Last year, I featured a First Communion series (which I loved). Count on a new Sacramental series this year.
6. Honest Kathryn. Hopefully Funny Kathryn, too. I really like her. Southern girls always bring the charm, with a dose of sass. I promise not to disappoint.
THANKS for an awesome 2013, y’all. When I started hammering away on the keyboard about our crazy life back in 2007, I had zero expectations. Then I met you people. Some online, some in real life and some I’ve known forever. Thanks for letting me share the good, bad and sometimes ugly side of our life. I still can’t believe you people actually read this stuff. Let’s make 2014 great. The next few days I’ll be sharing the survey results, a huge before and after and my word of the year. Happy New Year!