Why I Love My Wife

Whitaker, blog

Way back in 1992, a friend of mine at Texas A&M mentioned there might be a girl in a sorority that needed a date to a party. Even though there was a free t-shirt involved, we all thought it was a good idea to meet before the party. So…a blind date to Duncan Dining Hall, pizza, ranch dressing, and a few buddies from the Corps of Cadets later….

Fast forward about twenty years….

Why do I love my bride, Kathryn? It’s because she is so darn cute!

Kathryn,

Thank you for being the best wife and mother ever. I am so blessed to have you in my life and the kids are blessed to have you as their mom. I love your smile…I think that’s what got me in 1992. I love your work ethic. I thought I knew the value of hard work, but you blow me away. Thank you for being the CEO of Team Whitaker. Thank you for joining my Church. That means more to me than anything, that we share the same faith in God.

I love your creativity. I love your writing. I love that you are so engaged in our children’s lives. I love that you love Sonic and Dr. Pepper. I really don’t like when you leave your shoes in the middle of the floor or when you leave a drawer open. But that’s okay, there will be differences.

I probably don’t deserve someone like you but I am grateful for God that he put you in my life so many years ago. As we celebrate this feast of St. Valentine today, I ask for his intercession for us to remain a happy couple and that love remains in our marriage always.

Happy St. Valentine’s Day! I love you.

Scott

Thanks to Joel at The Practicing Catholic for hosting!

Kathryn

Comments

1. Ashley says

What a keeper! You two are inspirations! Love you both! Congrats on a marriage that reiterates everything it should be!

2. Melanie says

Ok Scott- I can’t call you “Martha” but you just won the Mr. Rogers award!! Love you both so VERY much… a great couple , great friends and great inspiration to many of us…..

3. Verdina says

Brought tears to my eyes! You two are perfect for each other, and you really rock as marriage partners and parents! May God continue to bless you and your family with His love and grace!

4. says

Scott, clearly you respond very positively to peer pressure. Beautiful and hilarious. Indeed, as you wrote, “…there will be differences,” but love remains. Well done; thanks for joining in and linking up! Peace and blessings to you and the rest of Team Whitaker.

5. Cathy says

so sweet! Thank you Scott for letting us know that Kathryn leaves her shoes out and drawers open…it is good to know that she isn’t COMPLETELY perfect after all! Happy Valentines Day to you and your family!

6. Antonia Garcia says

I keep telling Gabriel to take notes… lol, I just LOVE you guys! Both of you are such a great example of faithful family leaders, I cannot wait to see what even more amazing things your children will accomplish because they have had wonderful examples! I hope to continue to learn from ya’ll, once we get our apartment together, we will need to invite all seven of yall over to our place! Have a great St. Valentine day! :)

Trackbacks