I feel like I’ve spent the better part of January reminding myself I need to get my act together. How can it already be the last week of the month? Holy smokes. Let’s play a little catch up, shall we?
1. I am BESIDE myself with glee about who I get to meet tonight. If you’re a fan of Food Network and Bobby Flay, then you might know Fr. Leo, aka the Cooking Priest. He’s coming to our Diocese tomorrow for a few Catholic Schools events. Word on the street is I get to taste those world-famous fajitas. My goodness, when I shake his hand, any suggestions on what to say? And don’t you worry, I’m taking the fancy camera so I’ll have fun pics to share next week!
2. On the same belt of awesome was my oldest daughter’s First Reconciliation a few weeks ago. Isn’t she the picture of holiness?
Our brand-new sanctuary was just a couple of weeks old when more than 100 second graders broke it in with all their sweet confessions. There was a lot of joy in that place, particularly on pew four.
3. We finally had Christmas with my brother and his family. They trekked all the way from Destin, Florida for the shindig. It was a quick visit, but it’s always fun to see the cousins play together. I miss seeing my brother (he used to live here in Austin), but I’m grateful for the time we had. Eek, and I think I forgot to mention my SIL is pregnant with baby #2? She’s 22 weeks along and we are so excited to meet our new niece/nephew come late May!
4. They are finally done. All 50 prayer boxes. Sanded, painted, pictures taken, holy items blessed and placed, packaged and ready for delivery. Whew, what a project. Several second grade mommas and I gathered to get this one done. It’s a fundraiser for our children’s school and even though it is work, the end result is one-million times awesome. Here’s proof (oh, and I photoshopped out the names but every box features the name of the student).
5. Did you hear? My friend Bonnie is hosting some pretty fabulous blog awards. Check it.
6. Last week I started a parenting series, Love and Logic. Oh my stars. It has been a complete 180 in how I discipline (and love) my children. I have SO much to learn, but the tools I’m gaining and the vocal cords I’m saving from not screaming are shocking. Why did I not fully discover this until my fifth child? Someone? Anyone? I’m definitely a believer. I’ll keep you posted on my progress.
7. Here’s your sneak peek of the Harry Potter birthday party, coming soon. If I could I would totally invite all y’all over for Quidditch and butter beer.
For even more fun takes, go visit Jen. She knows some pretty cool folks.