Today’s the big day. Our sweet boy Luke will have his heart repaired by a fabulous surgeon. Yesterday, I blogged about what this surgery has done to my heart, but today is all about Luke’s. I’ll be posting the majority of my updates via Twitter; click on that link to follow my feed. But, I also plan to post on Facebook and here on the blog.
If you’re looking for specific things to pray for, I got ya covered:
– Dr. Shaffer, Luke’s cardiologist doing the procedure
– Anesthesiologist, that his hand may be steady and that Luke transitions off anesthesia well
– Surgical nurses
– Post-op/PACU nurses and staff
– Recovery, that our six-hour “lay on your back flat” marathon will go well
– For our four other kids and the families watching them
– For Scott and I, that we may be patient and good advocates for Luke
– For Coach Scott and John Paul, flag football championship game tomorrow night (hey you’re praying, why not?)
– And, of course, for Luke that he may breeze through surgery and recovery without complication
Shortly after you read this, Luke will likely be checked in, under anesthesia and on the operating table. Lord, lend me your heart. Luke has mine.