Yes, TODAY I turn 38. I will sing it from the mountaintops and declare those numbers proudly. I worked hard for every single one. It was a fantastic weekend and the celebration continues today and throughout the week. What’s not to celebrate, I say! In honor of the milestone, I thought it would be fun to share 38 things I want to do this year. I’d love to hear yours, too. Read along and share away!
38 THINGS I WANT TO DO
1. Run a 10K.
2. Make something with my sewing machine. Yeah, I’m gonna have to dust it off, but I want to put it to work.
3. Get a meal calendar in order. It’s all part of that “be healthier” title we’re trying to carry.
4. Eat at Chuy’s – a lot. Man, I love that place. And, yes, I realize that may not help me with #3.
5. Go on a monthly date – out of the house – with Scott.
6. Pay off all the medical bills from Luke’s surgeries and therapies. Hey, a girl can dream.
7. Go hot air ballooning. I have always wanted to do this. Maybe I need to hit up a high school friend (Jill, are you reading this?) for a tag-a-long.
8. Attend my 20-year reunion. Yeah, I guess I’ll be doing that since I’m planning it.
9. Be more purposeful in accepting / declining client work. That one is going to require some tough decisions, but I’m ready.
10. Complete Theology of the Body curriculum with our oldest. So far, it has been beyond awesome. Even if you’re not Catholic, but you are yearning to find a way to teach your children about love, sexuality and intimacy in a way that will change their heart, this is the place to start. I speak the truth, yes I do.
11. Paint the girls’ nails more.
12. Buy less plastic.
13. Recycle more.
14. Eat out less. Yeah, maybe #3 isn’t such a good idea, after all.
15. Spend more time in prayer – however God may be calling me that day.
16. As we’re “driving through” towns, reach out to old friends. I miss them.
17. Attend at least ONE Aggie SEC football game. WHOOP!
18. Learn to say “no”.
19. Dip my toes in the ocean.
20. Lose five pounds.
21. Go on a weekend getaway with my husband.
22. Spend more time with extended family.
23. Get a tattoo. Ha. I was wondering if I could slip that by anyone. I will probably never get one, but if I did I know exactly what it would be and where I would put it. And, no, I’m not telling.
24. Clean out my “Monica” craft closet.
25. Do a one-on-one date with each of the kids.
26. Attend the Behold conference.
28. Attend confession once a quarter.
29. Teach my children how to pray. We pray often enough but I don’t know that I’ve ever sat them down and shown them how. It’s never too late.
30. Learn to play golf.
31. Go to the firing range. Once upon a time I was an NRA certified gun instructor. I know, crazy!!
32. Take more pictures of my kids.
33. Take more pictures of my kids with ME in the picture.
34. Figure out Instagram.
35. Buy a pair of fancy shoes and wear them on a swanky date.
36. Volunteer with Mobile Loaves & Fishes.
37. Give the people I love more kisses.
38. Tell God “thank you” more.