I should probably come clean and let my readers know that through Internet magic, I’m posting this week. Actually, Will and I are enjoying time together – well, me, him, some adult chaperones and 46 other 5th graders from school. We are at a fabulous environmental camp, north of Houston. I’m sure it will be a spectacular week and rest assured I will blog all about it when we return.
Fortunately, I was on the program staff one summer at the 4-H Center in Brownwood just after my freshman year in college. I’m no stranger to camps or a riflery range (that was my job all summer). I am, however, a stranger to “roughing it.” For me, that means no room service at the Ritz. I need a shower and I’m not too proud to admit it. By now, I’m guessing many things are going through my mind and I’ll let you hypothesize what those may be. Until I get back, here’s a few things I’m pretty sure I’m thinking today…
TOP TEN: THINGS I MISS
1. Dr Pepper. I’m going to try and sneak a few in, but they will probably not be ice cold. That makes me sad. But, at least I have 23 flavors on my person.
2. My bed. I’m sleeping in a bunk…with 7 other girls. Need I say more?
3. My husband and children. Hey, this is not in order of importance, ok?
4. My flip flops. These are a fashion staple and since all the classes are outside, I have to wear tennis shoes. Ick.
5. Jillian Michaels. By now, she’d be killing me on Week 4 of “Ripped in 30.” I’ll be cussing her soon, but today I miss her.
6. The internet. I’ll have my iPhone, but it just isn’t the same.
7. My shower, my bed, my couch, my house.
8. Bedtime routine with the kids. Anna-Laura is becoming quite the reader.
9. Best and worst at dinnertime.
10. Kisses from my husband. Soon, though!!
Actually, I’m sure those things I’m missing, but what am I gaining? Probably so much that I’m going to go into blog withdrawal. I guess I’ll have to journal the old-fashioned way and then type it in the computer next week. There will be some awesome time to “be” and to “hear” and to “tell the girls to please be quiet for the 50th time.” Ahh, I can only imagine. The time with Will is my biggest reward, though. I get to see him in his habitat. Won’t that be fun? Pray for me and I’ll be praying for you!