I had a top ten all written, but sometimes you just can’t publish what’s going on in your brain. It’s been an exceptionally tough week for many reasons. Namely, that we found out on Monday Luke has to have brain surgery next fall.
No momma wants to hear that news. But more on that in tomorrow’s Luke update.
This is reason #96 I need to keep a personal journal.
In light of all that, I thought it might be good to share the top five things I love about blogging and the top five things I don’t. Here goes…
TOP FIVE LOVES
1. Writing is cathartic for me.
2. It’s a wonderful digital scrapbook for my children…life as it happens. Someday, I hope they will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.
3. I’ve connected with people I thought I’d lost.
4. It helps me process and understand my thoughts so much more. Putting it all out there is one thing, but being able to put it all out there and still be me is quite another.
5. I can share my faith and how profoundly it affects me as a wife, mom and friend. What a gift.
TOP FIVE NOTSOMUCH LOVES
1. Because so many people I know (and don’t know), from so many walks of life, read the blog I can’t really put it all out there. I’m learning to hold my tongue.
2. I worry a little that putting so much of myself on the information superhighway could be dangerous.
3. Even though the written word is awesome, nothing beats a face-to-face convo. Sometimes folks take things the wrong way.
4. Sometimes family time is interrupted because I’m updating the blog. Finding the right balance is still a work in progress.
5. I am breaking up with Blogger…soon. It’s been a good run, but I look forward to falling in love with WordPress…even sooner.
Melancholy Kathryn made her debut this week. Hopefully Happy Kathryn will be back in the saddle before Friday 🙂