I really, really do. While I’m slightly sad at the increasing numbers on the years I’ve lived, I am NOT sad that I get to live, laugh and love another year. What a gift! I felt very loved. There is just something about people wishing you a “Happy Birthday” that warms your heart.
Without further delay, here are the top ten things I loved about my big day/week/month 🙂
TOP TEN: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
1. The kids’ art show on Friday. Stellar. More on that in another post.
2. Working out first thing on my birthday, then heading to get a massage right after. Was that outstanding planning or what?
3. Lunch at Homeslice with the fam, with a quick pitstop at Big Top for some sweet treats. It was not so great when Luke threw up all over the table just before lunch, but fortunately I had an extra outfit in the van. Life’s about living, right?
4. The family nap when we arrived home. Someday my kids will truly appreciate that gift.
5. The sweetest homemade cards, sticky notes and pictures from the kids. They were stuck on my bedroom door, in the office by the computer, on the kitchen counter and even wedged in the seat of the van.
6. Mass with the family. We sit next to the nicest, funniest, most honest older woman every week. It wasn’t until Saturday she told us she was 92. Shut the front door. She doesn’t look a day over 80. Mrs. Smith, you are a beautiful lady!
7. A girls’ night out with the neighborhood girlies to Gloria’s! A big shout out to the husband for pushing me out the door and telling me to have fun. What a treat to celebrate the big 3-7 on the big day with friends I adore. For a moment, I felt like I was 25 again. That is, until the “actual” 25yo’s walked in the door with heels longer than their skirts. The people watching was a total hoot.
8. The family dinner with my parents and brother/SIL/niece on Sunday. Scott whipped up a fabulous meal in my honor. Boy, that man can cook.
9. Sneaking away for an hour, just Scott and I, to pick up my birthday present. Well, two actually. My new iPhone (yes!!) and my free Sonic Vanilla DP. Not too sure which I enjoyed more. Equal billing.
10. While we haven’t done it yet, Scott and I WILL make to Alamo Drafthouse for the final celebration. A date night. That was really the gift I was hoping for on my birthday. Shoot, I still have 14 more days in June!
Believe it or not, I didn’t take a single photo of me on the actual day. I think my neighbor did at our dinner, so I’ll post that soon – dependent of course on how dorky/undorky I look. But, Will did snap this photo with my new phone. I love it!!