If you are a parent of a school-aged child, you will be laughing in just a moment. If not, tuck this top ten away and pull it out in a few years. Then, you too, will understand why May is quite frankly the nuttiest month of the year. Without further ado, here’s your…
TOP TEN: REASONS SCHOOL MUST END SOON
1. Hearing my kids say, “Oh, Mom, you’re taking us to school in your pajamas…again?”
2. Having a too-short night and rolling over in bed, to see the flashing 7:15AM, realizing you only have 15 minutes to get everyone fed breakfast, lunches made and in the car before the bell rings.
3. The sheer madness of activities. Concerts, parties, field days, projects, blah, blah, blah.
4. The ‘reminder notes’ from the school about the one-million things you must have your child bring in before the end of the year. And, surely if you forget them, said child will hate you forever because they were the only one in the class who forgot.
5. Driving past an empty swimming pool when it’s 97 degrees and swearing you can hear it whispering your name, beckoning you to jump in.
6. Forgetting to wash the kids’ uniforms and praying that the dryer sheet masks the smell – at least until lunch when the kindergartener spills juice on his shirt.
7. The ‘Wednesday Folder’ looks more like a torn sheet of notebook paper, holding on for dear life.
8. The note home that says a case of pertussis has been confirmed. Awesome.
9. The 2010-2011 school calendar that was emailed last week, you know, so you could plan ahead. That, and the supply list.
10. The shoes, shorts, shirts, socks, belts and everything else related to the school uniform is quite nearly on its last leg. And then some.
BRING ON SUMMER! Just 5.5 more days. I. Can. Do. It. (Then, of course, come August, I’ll be writing a top ten about why it’s time for school to start back up again…)