Today was one of those days that just seemed to go on forever….
Many tests today on Baby Wuke and really nothing concrete as of yet. In the words of Dr. Meyer, I am a little perplexed.
Here’s the latest:
- He really doesn’t have any restricted bowel, maybe a little narrowing at the resection but still not enough to signal surgery – whew!
- Kidney’s are fine and actually growing with him so that is good news.
- Labs all keep coming back normal and he doesn’t have a virus or bug in his system
- He is still a little distended but looks tons better today after several bowel movements
- He is peeing again so we think his fluid has leveled off
- He is one hungery hippo and he will let you know about it….
There certainly is a lot more but that is the quick update for today. Luke will get more blood work in the morning along with another x-ray of his belly. That should help us determine if and when he can start eating again.
Sorry for the short post tonight but we are all tired. More on John Paul tomorrow…..stay tuned…….