Things I have learned while being on active duty this week:
1. When making smores, don’t leave a marshmallow in the microwave longer than 3 seconds, it ain’t pretty.
2. Sweet tea for dinner will not ruin your kids teeth or keep them awake.
3. All day kindergarten is hard on your active five-year-old.
4. Don’t hit the snooze more than two times on your Blackberry.
5. Staying at home is not hard work, digging ditches in 105 degree weather is, but man is it mentally and emotionally draining.
6. Don’t trust your son when you ask him did he get his lunch box and he says yes.
7. Take time and get in the floor and roll around and play with your kids.
8. Will is pretty darn good at dominoes.
9. Taking your wife flowers while she is nesting in the hospital is a good thing.
10. Prayer works.