HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE CORY!
Most of us are blessed to have one, a brother-in-law, that is. I met Cory way back in 1992 which seems like a whole other lifetime ago. I was actually taller than him – now he towers over me at 6’7″!!
In honor of said brother-in-law, he’s lucky enough (or not!) to have his big day fall on Top Ten Wednesday. So, this one’s for you, Cory…
TOP TEN: THINGS I ADMIRE ABOUT MY BIL
1. His smarts. He and my hubby were both tops in their high school classes. Those are some good genes, I say.
2. His laugh. It reminds me of his dad…everytime.
3. His attitude. Cory has never been one to listen to the critics. If he set his mind to it, you might as well consider it done.
4. His love for Jennifer and Alex. It’s obvious he loves those two…very much.
5. His faith. Cory and Jennifer have made it a point to find and get involved in a church home no matter where they were living.
6. His pro-bono work. Yes, he’s our financial planner and a might fine one at that. If Jerry Maguire lost the love of his life at “hello,” then Cory lost me at “hedge fund.” Seriously, though, I think it’s an amazing gift.
7. His guts. Not many folks would’ve packed it up and moved to Manhattan for 5 years or Boston for 2 or back home to the Lone Star State. I’m sure those moves came with their fair share of anxiety and excitement. They took a leap, though, and it made them better people.
8. His athleticism. I can’t even dribble, ok, let’s be honest. I’m severely athletically-challenged. So, anyone that can do more than me has my utmost admiration.
9. His love for his brother. He and Scott share a special bond. I hope my boys are taking notes.
10. How much he enjoys being an uncle. I think it’s fair to say we broke all the aunts and uncles in well before they had their own brood. Cory reminds us to loosen up a little bit and have some fun. Now we get to do the same for nephew Alex. Wahoo!