So, I get this email from a girlfriend of mine (thank you Lisa) and I completely cracked up. Ninth grade seems like a LIFETIME ago and Will is going to be there in 7years. Thanks for making me feel old, Lis 🙂
It’s a little longer than the traditional Top Ten. But, you can never know enough about the people who’s blogs you stalk, right? Here goes…
TOP TEN: BACK TO 9TH GRADE
1. Who was your best friend?
Don’t think I had just one, but I remember Stephanie, Julie, Marla, Michelle and Nicole
2. Who did you “go out” with?
Right, like I had a boyfriend
3. Did you ditch?
Have you met my parents? I would still be grounded.
4. Did you get suspended?
What is this, a questionnaire for the bad kids?
5. Were you in any fist fights?
6. What was your favorite class?
World Geography, I had a cute teacher.
7. What was your school’s name?
Dumas Junior High – Home of the Imps (as in baby Devils, very PC)
8. If you could go back would you?
No way – I was wearing my back brace 23 hours a day. Puberty is awkward enough without a 10-pound brace on.
9. Where did you sit at lunch?
With the same girls I’d been eating lunch with since elementary school.
10. Was there a smoking lounge?
Like I even remember that.
12. Who was your science teacher freshman year?
Mr. Lynn. One of the best teachers I ever had.
13. Who was your english teacher?
That I do not recall.
14. Did you think you were cool?
Aside from the 10-pound brace, I’m sure I was the cat’s meow.
15. Describe your outfits in ninth grade?
Way 80s – short, spiky hair, shoulder pads and big shirts to hide that scoliosis and brace.
16. Did you even have a cellphone?
Those were not invented yet.
17. What’s your most memorable moment?
I have two. Standing on the band practice field when my mom came out and told me we were moving to Amarillo. I was crushed. The other was my “ride” to the high school most afternoons. The choir teacher, who also worked at the high school, was friends with my mom and most days he would give me a ride in his really cool Jeep. That spared me from having to ride the dreaded school bus.
18. What action do you regret the most?
Making fun of a classmate, Chris Massengill (a name you can trust) – funny then, not so funny now.
19. What did you spend the most time doing on weekends?
4-H – I had to pay for college and earn some scholarships!!
20. Did you make any lifelong friendships?
yesiree, some even came to A&M
21. Got invited to any proms?
back then, freshmen were at the top of the roost in junior high – and we couldn’t go to high school prom, even if we were asked
22. How many years ago was this for you?