Ah, fall is in the air…temperatures are in the mid-90s, people are still wearing halter tops, school is back in session and the Aggies kick-off the football season this weekend. WHOOP! Here’s hoping this season is better than those in recent memory. Hey, a girl’s gotta dream.
Without further ado, here is this week’s…
TOP TEN THINGS I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS FALL
1. Soccer games, all 20 of ’em. Yep, both boys signed up which means we’ll be living at the soccer fields every Saturday. I’m thinking about pitching a tent, selling lemonade and living in a van down by the river.
2. Scott’s birthday. He’s the only one in the house with a fall birthday. I’m already in birthday withdrawal, so his can’t get here soon enough! Let’s party already.
3. High school football. Since we were first married, heading to a high school football game has always been something we love. Enter children into the marriage and going to them on a regular basis? Notsomuch. Maybe we can make it a date Friday this fall.
4. Kicking t.u.’s tail in football. Gobble, gobble. Need I say more?
5. Jeans and long sleeve shirts. I love fall weather. It’s the only time of the year people don’t comment on how pale I am.
6. Election season. Oh, wait, that’s a different top ten.
7. The holidays. Every single one of ’em. Starting with Labor Day all the way through New Year’s. The kids are already mapping out their Halloween costumes.
8. My mom’s 60th birthday. Don’t hide Mom, be proud. You’ve had 60 GREAT YEARS (well, in a few weeks anyway). I only pray I’m that blessed!!
9. Lower utility bills. Enough with the no rain.
10. A new season of Lost.