Yes, it’s that time of the decade. Another summer olympics. I’m SO not athletic, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Olympics. Maybe I’m just living vicariously through these amazing human beings 🙂 I’m totally addicted to the HD and probably need some counseling. But, there are a few things I’ve learned from watching the games and I thought they were worth sharing. Before you get started, I should point out that the mere fact I have an Olympic top ten makes me a junkie. Obviously, I’ve watched way too many interviews and profiles and spent a little bit too much time on the computer…but I digress.
TOP TEN: LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE OLYMPICS
1. Don’t talk trash. Especially if you’re French.
2. Just because a country is the most densely populated in the world doesn’t mean they don’t have a thing or two to learn about human rights.
3. Sometimes, winning the bronze is a dream come true.
4. Sometimes, winning the silver isn’t.
5. That you can be from a tiny place called Togo and the world calls you a hero.
6. That wearing your wedding ring while playing beach volleyball may not be a good idea.
7. That you can have cancer and still be fast as lightning in the pool.
8. That playing basketball in some multi-million dollar arena in the states, ain’t nothing like playing in Beijing.
9. When you stay up until midnight (even though you’re DVRing every single Olympic second)…it’s really hard to get up the next morning.
10. That Bob Costas is really funny.