Well, well, my little brother is turning 27 today (I know, the picture is from numero 25, but it was too cute not to share).
You know, growing up, I felt like he was a pain. I was 7 years older and had SO many more important things to do. But, we grew up, I got married, he went to college, moved back to Texas, and then he got married…and we became friends again. He’s lucky (or unlucky) enough to have his birthday fall on a Wednesday this year. And we all know what that means. This Top Ten is for you Daniel. I love you.
TOP TEN: THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY BROTHER
1. He’s absolutely hilarious. He types funny, he writes funny, he talks funny. HE IS FUNNY. Daniel has always been there to break the ice when the tension got too much or to make us all look at the world with a grain of salt. It’s a gift, Daniel. Keep it up.
2. He’s sensitive. He always remembers the little things. When something is weighing on you, Daniel knows and he cares enough to ask…and listen. I love that about him.
3. He loves his wife. Yep, head over heels. May it always be that way.
4. He loves his dog. Notice that Amanda made #3 and Buster was #4. What will he do should God bless them with kids??? We’re hoping Buster, the weenie dog, will make it to the Buda Wiener Dog Races!
5. He’s Catholic. Someday, I’ll have a longer post on that, but suffice it to say that it is a tremendous blessing to have a brother and sister-in-law who share the same ecclesiology.
6. He’s honest. Um, that’s a Farnum trait and we’re all card-carrying members of the honesty train. No matter what, I always know how Daniel stands on an issue and while I may not agree, I always respect it.
7. Speaking of respect, Daniel is all that. He takes pride in the things that he owns, the job that he has and the gifts he’s been given.
8. That he hates onions…and mayonnaise. I’m sure he gets tired of us always bringing that up. But, hey, he’s always getting good material off our idiosyncricies, so turn about is fair play, right?
9. That he’s so darn creative and talented. He takes amazing pictures and has an eye for the funky and eclectic.
10. He gives the best gifts. It’s proof that he’s always listening, always in touch with what makes people happy. I always look forward to a Daniel gift – because it’s proof of just how much he loves you.
Daniel, I don’t know what I’d do without you. I’m so, so, so, so, so thankful that you and Amanda live right up the road. I’m thankful that God led Mom and Dad to have another baby and it turned out to be you. May we always be close, may we always be honest, may we always be friends. I love you D.