Yes, today’s the big day. And, in my head it was on par to be a super fantabulous day. I was all prepared to share my top ten favorite birthday memories and then 10:15 came along and the day hasn’t been the same since. So, here is today’s…
TOP TEN UNPLANNED THINGS I DID ON MY BIRTHDAY
1. 10:15a. Get so dad gum dizzy I almost hit the wall. Laid on the couch forever watching Noggin making sure the kids didn’t tear down the house.
2. 11:30a. Surely by now I’d be better? I thought it was because I didn’t eat a great breakfast or it was my anemia getting the better of me. But, when I got up to get the kids’ shoes on to go pick up Will from camp, same wall hitting sensation – driving is a no go.
3. 11:45a. Call Scott and ask him to pick up Will. Man, and Will had told the class about my birthday and had the kids all ready to sing to me. What a sweet guy.
4. 12:30p. Scott gets home and brings lunch from Wendy’s. We had a fabulous family lunch planned at County Line over on 2222, overlooking the Lake. Oh well, the baked potato was almost as good as brisket?
5. 2:00p. Scott takes John Paul to the urologist. That’s tomorrow’s blog post – nothing super major, but just another feather in the crazy hat around here.
6. 3:00p. I call my doctor and make an appointment.
7. 4:00p. Manage to get myself up off the couch, get three kids in the van and drive myself to the doctor. At least I’m only “sortof dizzy” by now.
8. 4:15p. Find out I have vertigo. Yep, “happy birthday to me” (I start humming the tune and get dizzy again).
9. 5:00p. Call Scott and tell him to meet us at County Line. I want BBQ even if I have to eat it lying down on a table at the restaurant. Find out John Paul has to start a “pee diary” (see, I told you tomorrow’s post would be good). Entire table busts out laughing when John Paul yells out “A PEE DIARY – HAHAHAHA”
10. 7:00p. Get home and find a beautiful vase full of roses on my back porch. Uncle Daniel / Aunt Amanda – you have no idea how much that made my day. Seriously.
So, I see these gorgeous roses and I hear my kids laughing in the bathtub and I’m so thankful. Really, I am. Because if today had been what I envisioned in my head this morning, that really wouldn’t have been life at our house. I’m proud to be 34. Yes, you heard that right. I love getting older – it’s another year I get to spend with the people I love most in this world. Even if we’re keeping pee diaries, getting dizzy and running back and forth to doctor appointments. That’s life at our house and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Sing with me…”Happy Birthday to me….”