Before the day gets away, let’s start it off right by wishing Aunt Amanda a VERY happy birthday!!!
And, now for the Wednesday Top Ten, in honor of said birthday girl:
GREAT THINGS ABOUT AMANDA
1. She makes my little brother happy, blissfully so, I might add.
2. She loves taking naps as much as I do! Six weeks after my spine surgery, Amanda stayed at the house during the day for another six weeks (yes, and she didn’t go running away from the family!). At 1, when the kids went down, so did we 🙂
3. She loves my kids and they love her. See picture…we went up to her office today and delivered her bday gift and homemade cards. John Paul and Anna-Laura were SO proud of themselves. All the way home, they kept saying, “What a tweet to see Aunt ‘manda.”
4. She puts up with my brother. (see #1)
5. She has a cute laugh.
6. She is one of the most helpful, giving folks I know. She and Daniel live right up the road and she’s always willing to help watch the kids, run an errand, wash my dishes (long story) or do just about anything else we need.
7. She’s Catholic. Growing up Protestant, there were lots of things I had questions about, still do, actually. She and my hubby, Scott, are well versed in the faith and they practice it everyday.
8. She takes life as it comes. Me? I’m a Type A’er. So, this whole, “hey, let’s see where the day takes us” mantra is new to me. But, Amanda is showing me that it isn’t so bad…to take life and loosen the reigns a bit.
9. She’s a saver. Daniel’s a spender. Thank goodness he married her, or he’d be on the nearest street corner with a sign.
10. She puts up with “the family.” You know, we’re a tough bunch. Little (ok, a LOT) opinionated, brutally honest and very loyal. Amanda, you joined the family just a little over two years ago and we’re better for it. Thanks for not turning us into the authorities. Daniel, be nice to her today.