Sorry I’m not more creative today. Clare isn’t her normal, smiley self these days. For about a week, her tummy has had a nasty virus infestation. Yes, it’s as yucky as it sounds. We’re hoping it gets better. Sleeping through the night would be nice…for all of us. So here goes…
1. Where in Texas do you live or have you lived?
Perryton (born), Dumas, Amarillo, College Station (aka “The Holy Land”), Austin and P-flugerville (now)
2. When friends or relatives come to visit, what Texas tourist destination do you take them to?
The State Capitol, without a doubt
3. Best view or scenery in Texas?
the drive to Fredericksburg
4. Do you use the word “y’all”?
Wouldn’t be a Texan if I didn’t
5. Do you speak Spanish?
no habla espanol, does “Chuy’s” count?
6. Do you own a truck?
sore subject at our house, Scott traded it in for the van 🙂
7. Roughly how many snakes have you encountered?
a few grass snakes and lots of dead rattlers, emphasis on DEAD
8. Have you ever been sprayed by a skunk?
9. Have you ever run over an armadillo?
10. Longhorns or Aggies?
Do you even need to ask? GIG’EM!!!
11. Have you ever been to a Dallas Cowboys game?
Yes, Colts vs. Cowboys in Indy (my Papa trucked up tons of stairs for that game – it was fun, except for the yahoos behind us)
12. Do you prefer the Spurs, Mavs or Rockets?
old school Spurs, I’m a fan of Doc Rivers and David Robinson
13. Roger Clemens or Nolan Ryan?
not that I watch bball, but I’m gonna go with Nolan on this one, he’s substance-free
14. Who has the best breakfast tacos?
15. Sonic or What-A-Burger?
See #10, Vanilla Dr. Pepper please…
16. What’s your favorite BBQ restaurant?
Saltlick and Rudy’s – it’s a tie
17. What’s your favorite Mexican food restaurant?
18. Have you ever drank Shiner beer?
yes, me not like
19. Have you ever chewed or dipped tobacco?
are you kidding?
20. Have you ever been to a rodeo?
Lots, but my favs were as a kid in my dad’s hometown of Pecos
21. Do you own a cowboy hat?
my old straw hat, now we use it for “Texas Days” at the kids’ school
22. Have you ever ridden a mechanical bull?
23. Have you ever ridden a horse?
Yes, would love to do it more often
24. Have you ever been swimming in a river or creek?
Yes, the Rio Grande and Guadalupe
25. Do you have a favorite Texas river?
Rio Grande, brings back great memories of Camp Elkhorn…we rode those rapids and it was awesome
26. Have you ever been to Schlitterbahn?
Yes, now that’s some serious water fun.
27. Were you baptised in a river or creek?
Nope, a church, 3 actually 🙂
28. How many “Texas snows” have you witnessed?
Growing up in the Panhandle, then Iowa and Indiana? More than my fair share.
29. Have you ever been in the State Capital building?
See #2, my mom was a Texas state history teacher. You don’t even want to know what all we’ve seen. Bet you can’t say you visited Stephen F. Austin’s grave on his birthday, now can you?
30. Willie Nelson or George Strait?
George, see last week’s Top 10!
31. Best site to see in Austin?
Depends on what you want to see. Weird, take a stroll on Guadalupe. Historical, State Capitol. Scenic, drive on Loop 360. Unconstitutional, the t.u. campus.
32. Best site to see in Dallas?
Reunion Arena – that’s where Scott proposed!
33. Best site to see in Houston?
They have one?
34. Best site to see in San Antonio?
Alamo and the Crockett & Menger Hotels right next door
35. Which is the worst Texas city to drive in?
They’re ALL lousy, but since we live here in Austin, it’s definitely the worst. But, I hear that Amarillo’s I-40 is wide open!
36. Do you know all the words to “The Eyes of Texas”?
No, I don’t fraternize with the enemy. Only the t-sips know those words.
37. Did you ever attend an event in the Astrodome?
Yes (as my college roommate corrected me!!) – to see George at the Houston Rodeo! How could I forget that? See what pregnancy does to your brain!
38. Did you see firsthand, the Space Shuttle Columbia break apart over Texas in 2003?
Saw it on the news as we were moving from Indiana to Texas.
39. Have you ever been to Dealey Plaza – site of President Kennedy’s assassination in Dallas?
Yes, weird feeling
40. Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone or was it a conspiracy?